Let's get patriotic!

Patriotic Decorating


I love holidays and I love celebrating holidays and I enjoy having people over. I also like decorating for ALL the holidays. So to celebrate the 4th, I wanted to frame some pictures of my granddaughter Olive; however getting a one year old to a cooperate in a formal photo session can be a challenge, so I hung up a flag I found and put some toys on a chair to help her stand and I got a photo. I like to use framed photos on the dining room table as centerpieces. Sometimes if I have time I decorate the outside of the frame.

Baby Olive at home Photo Session  with an American Patriotic Flag Background
Baby Olive July 4th Photo Session

And of course, what's a party without food?! With a July 4th party, I find that easy finger foods are great especially if you are going inside/ outside a lot. I have hot dog wieners and fruit on a skewer and of course mini cupcakes. I put leftover blueberries from the fruit skewers in a bowl. I find finger foods or putting food on skewers is easy take outside and sit on the porch to watch the fireworks.

July 4th, fourth table setting consisting of mostly finger foods
4th of July Table Setting



For older kids, I let them help or give me ideas on how they want to decorate. My granddaughter Olivia tapping balloons to make the flag. 

Olivia Helping With  4th of July Decorations by arranging balloons in a flag pattern
Olivia Helping Decorate

Having Fun with granddaughter Olivia Denbina taking photos with our 4th of July Decorations
Enjoying the 4th of July Decorations!


Popular posts from this blog

Reflecting on childhood dream of being a Ninja! LOL!

Mommy Got!

Instagram

You Tube Channel