Bat Watching!

 

Next Stop Bat Watching in Austin!

Apparently, watching Mexican Free-tailed bats fly from the Congress Avenue Bridge is something you have to experience. At first, I wasn’t too thrilled to watch bats, but it proved to be very relaxing. There was a cool, nightly breeze and the bats were many, but they didn’t fly towards you, they just flew up and away looking for food. You knew they were bats, but from a distance you couldn’t see their features very clearly, so they didn’t gross you out. I thought I might be grossed out by their ugliness but wasn’t. Several people hopped on a boat to see them flying from under the bridge. The bats flying out in formation was spectacular to see. Unfortunately, since it was almost dark, I don't have a good picture of the bats flying out. 

Boat driven to under the Congress Bridge to observe the bats from the water Ladybird Lake
Boat with Bat Watchers

Olivia Denbina Bat Watching on Lady Bird Lake by the Congress Bridge in Austin Texas

Amazingly, I enjoyed it and glad that I was able to watch the bats fly out at sunset.  I totally recommend it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reflecting on childhood dream of being a Ninja! LOL!

Mommy Got!

Instagram

You Tube Channel